Qualified Social Worker - Professional Advisor
Carter Brown Experts, part of the Core Assets Group, are looking to recruit a Qualified Social Worker Professional Advisor to join their team. The role can be based from our office in Mansfield or home based.
You will provide ongoing professional support to a dynamic and growing assessment service, alongside providing support and training to relevant teams. The type of assessments received by the service include: Form F assessments, Connected Persons assessments, PARS assessments, SGO assessments, Parenting assessments and Viability assessments, these assessments are generally referred by Local Authorities or the Family courts.
- Maximise the quality of the Assessments against defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and performance targets.
- Responsible for undertaking mid-way consultations with each assessor on every assessment; this to include a full professional discussion of the case’s progress, identification of any issues or potential issues and the provision of support and professional challenge to the assessor in order to achieve a better quality assessment.
- Ensure that all areas of practice comply with the country-specific Care Standards and Fostering and Adoption Regulations, National Minimum Standards, the Children Act and other related legislation and guidance and ensure that all statutory requirements are met.
- Provide active professional support to the Quality Assurance team and Case handling teams regarding case specific issues and wider topics
- Provide regular relevant training to the Quality Assurance team on report content and assessment frameworks using case studies, examples and professional guidelines. To also provide ad-hoc training to Independent Assessors.
- On occasion, to undertake proofreading of assessments in order to ensure reports are filed in a timely manner and completed to a high standard.
- Hold a Social Work qualification as recognised by the HCPC or equivalent body
- A minimum of five years’ post qualification experience, with a minimum of five years’ experience in working with Children and Families
- Demonstrable experience of the completion of different types of assessments
- A comprehensive working knowledge of all relevant legislation pertaining to Children and Families social work, as well as publications which inform current thinking regarding good practice and the Safeguarding of children.
This is a part time (14 hours per week) Fixed Term Contract for 6 months and comes with a salary between £25,000 and £29,000 per annum, pro rata.
Carter Brown is an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.