Children & Young Peoples Support Worker
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES?
An enthusiastic Children and Young People’s Support Worker is needed to join our team in Belfast on a full time permanent basis to provide excellent support to foster carers and children.
Foster Care Associates (part of the Core Assets Group) is an award-winning Independent Fostering Agency, dedicated to providing placement stability and successful outcomes for children and young people.
- Supporting children and young people through leisure/educational/other activities
- Assisting Social Workers in their work
- Supervising contact with family members
- Transporting children/young people e.g. to therapy sessions, contact, activity holidays
- Acting as an appropriate adult when necessary
- Actively encourage and develop each child’s social, physical, intellectual, cultural, emotional and religious needs and/or any special needs they may have
- Where appropriate support children/young people through specialist services such as Leaving Care and Parent & Child placements
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of working directly with children/young people in the care system or other relevant field (e.g. teaching support, youth work)
- A sound knowledge of Child Safeguarding & Protection Procedures
- Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour in an effective and appropriate way
- Proven record-keeping experience
- A basic understanding of IT
- Full driving licence
- Applicants with looked after experience would be highly desirable
This role is full time and permanent with a salary of up to £18,000 pa + car + benefits. The job will require availability to work evenings and weekends.
Foster Care Associates is an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.