7 days left
- Contract Type
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES?
Foster Care Associates (part of the Core Assets Group) are looking for a Participation Officer to join the team in the North East with an office base of either Newcastle or Middlesborough. The main purpose of this role is to develop, though a range of activities and projects, improved participation of foster children, their foster carers and birth children with the Agency with the overall aim of improving services offered and outcomes for children, and by making available life enhancing opportunities for foster children.
This is proving to be a really exciting project, supporting children to contribute to practice learning for carers and social workers, as well as furthering life skills through opportunities such as the Duke of Edinburgh scheme, cultural exchanges and volunteering in the local community.
- Establish strong consultation systems with foster children, foster carers and their birth children, through a programme of activities, events, and other creative mechanisms – ensuring their voices are heard and actions implemented and outcomes monitored through the Regional Service Improvement plan.
- To be the lead person for regional and Area Team activities, coordinating support from the respective teams as required.
- Establish and support Foster Children’s forums and ‘Children who Care’ forums, each with respective nominated representatives as a key project in the overall Participation strategy, linking with FCA Nationally as appropriate.
- To provide information across the Region with regard to Out of School activities, clubs and societies, particularly during school holidays, that children of all ages can access.
- To support Foster children to influence the development of services and Regional practice that can affect them directly, such as the recruitment of staff and foster carers.
- To support children participate in their local communities, from volunteering projects through to Duke of Edinburgh schemes to paid work eg a ‘Saturday’ job for 16 & 17 year olds.
- To support older children apply for national or international life enhancing opportunities, such National Citizens service (NCS), Overseas Volunteer Projects or Cultural Exchange programmes.
- Provide a service which values and respects the differing cultures and ethnic backgrounds of families and children.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A sound knowledge of Child Safeguarding & Protection Procedures
- Previous experience of working directly with children/young people in the care system or other relevant field
- Experience of working with children with challenging behaviour in an effective and appropriate way
- Proven record-keeping experience
- A basic understanding of IT
- Full driving licence
- Applicants with looked after experience would be highly desirable
This is a full time, permanent post and comes with an attractive salary range of £19k - £24k depending on qualifications and experience + benefits.
Foster Care Associates is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification.