3 days left
- Contract Type
Location: Home-based (to cover the North of England)
Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week
Salary: £25,243 to £28,523 per annum
How we work:
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 390,000 children, young people and families.
The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund Airplay Youth Support programme is a vital part of our work. As an Airplay Service Coordinator you’ll be supporting the RAFBFs Airplay project across Lincolnshire and the North East.
How you’ll make a difference:
By supporting and guiding Station Youth Workers and Ben Club Play Leaders to providing innovative and exciting youth and play work to young people aged 5 to 18
By developing strong working relationships with our RAF colleagues to support children and young people from the RAF community
By ensuring that Airplay meets delivers its core objective of supporting young people through various stages of their lives.
By working alongside colleagues from Action for Children, the RAF and the Royal Airforce Benevolent Fund to continually develop the programme.
What you’ll need:
- JNC Recognised Youth Work Qualification
- At least two years’ experience of managing youth projects.
- At least two years’ experience of leading a staff team, including supervision, work allocation, assessment or training and personal development needs.
- Recruitment and selection of staff and/or volunteers.
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality of youth work.
- Good written and verbal communication skills including report writing, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Understand the values and principles underpinning youth work.
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative as well as part of a team responsible for delivering a high quality youth service.
To apply, please click the red 'Apply' button to be redirected to our website.
Please contact Mark.Davis@actionforchildren.org.uk for more information on this opportunity.
How we reward you:
One role. Many rewards.
Find out about our benefit package on our website.
Closing date: Friday 20th October 2017
Interviews will be week beginning 30th October
Action for Children exists to make children’s lives better: now, tomorrow and every day
Committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity, we welcome applications that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities within which we work. Registered charity no. 1097940. Company no. 4764232. Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.