ARE YOU AN ENTHUSIASTIC CHILDREN AND FAMILY PROFESSIONAL LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE?
Core Assets Children’s Services are looking to recruit Independent Supporters in Surrey, Merton and surrounding areas to represent Core Assets Children’s Services and Council for Disabled Children in providing an outstanding level of independent help, advice and support to families and young people progressing through the new SEND reforms
- Provide independent and additional support to help families of children and young people with SEN and disabilities successfully progress through the new SEND processes
- Provide a flexible and responsive service via any combination of 1:1, telephone and email support in the family home and community based venues
- Using some elements of key working practice, take responsibility for a caseload of families and young people through to successful outcomes in terms of transition to Education, Health and Care assessment and planning
- Support families to access, understand and make independent choices about personal budgets, the local offer and mediation (as relevant)
- Be prepared to undertake regional initial training and then participate in regular training, supervisions and other professional development activities
- Work as a team across several local authorities within your specified region in order to ensure families and young people can access support; where they want it, when they want it and how they want it
- Attend meetings, contribute to sharing of good practice and participate in activities that support your specified region in building capacity around SEND reforms and implementation
- Provide a service which promotes equality, diversity and rights for all children and young people and all associated with the service
- Experience of working directly with families and children/young people with SEN and disabilities (i.e. Teaching support, Youth Work) both through individual and group work, or own personal experience of SEND
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and the application of Child Safeguarding Procedures
- Ability to empathise with families, build rapport and develop relationships of trust with families, young people and other professionals
- Be able to demonstrate effective communication in writing
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities in all work practices
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly including weekend, early morning and evening work as necessary
- Must possess a full driving licence and have been driving for a minimum of one year
- Respect for parents and children’s expertise about their own lives.
- Qualified to NVQ3 or equivalent in a relevant discipline or relevant personal experience of SEND
We have full and part time positions available on a fixed term contract until 31st March 2018 with a salary of up to £17,000 pro rata, per annum + benefits.
Closing date for applications is the 10th August.
Core Assets Children’s Services is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.