Supervising Social Worker
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO LOOKED AFTER CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE?
ARE YOU AN ENTHUSIASTIC SOCIAL WORKER LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
Foster Care Associates (part of the Core Assets Group) are looking for a Supervising Social Worker to join the team in the South Western region. Not only will you be working in an experienced and successful team, you'll be rewarded with an excellent salary plus additional benefits.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Recruit, assess, and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster Carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Conduct initial home visits and Form F Assessments.
- Ensure that carers fully understand the fostering task, competencies to be achieved and the standards expected, including complaints and representation procedures as detailed in the FCA policies and procedures.
- Provide and record regular supervision to allocated foster carers in line with FCA’s Operational Standards.
- Work in partnership in a team parenting approach to help identify any needs within the foster family e.g. respite, activities, therapy, holidays, with all members of the child’s network, including contributing to all relevant meetings and any other tasks defined.
- Ensure each child has an accurate and up to date Care Plan on file and that Carers have a copy available for reference.
- Attend meetings and/or provide reports for Commissioning Teams to address individual packages of care.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A Social Work qualification
- Professional registration with the HCPC/equivalent
- Proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation and child safeguarding procedures
- The willingness and ability to travel extensively (including occasional nights away)
- Confidence with transporting children and young people in sometimes stressful/difficult situations
- Due to the nature of the role a full driving licence is required
This position is homebased with travel in and around the Bristol area and comes with a salary up to £30,000 pa dependent on experience + car + excellent benefits.
Foster Care Associates is an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.