ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED CHILD/FAMILY THERAPIST?
Foster Care Associates are looking for a Therapist to deliver high quality therapy services and to facilitate and enable a therapeutic environment and culture for looked after children and young people placed with our foster carers. There will also be an opportunity for undertaking specific therapeutic interventions as commissioned by Local Authorities for children placed within the FCA Yorkshire and Lincolnshire region.
Within the Region we are an extremely supportive group of professionals, totally committed to supporting children achieve the very best outcomes, all working together to achieve that one aim.
- To arrange and deliver a rolling programme of small group training throughout the Region to new carers in order to develop their understanding of what it means to be a therapeutic foster carers.
- To arrange and deliver a rolling programme of small group training throughout the Region to experienced carers where specific issues can be explored in more detail.
- To undertake a proportion of consultations throughout the Region with carers who need help and support with particular difficulties in placement and in relation to children whose placements are at risk of break-down.
- To convene and facilitate a proportion of Team Parenting Meetings throughout the Region by bringing together the carers and those professionals who are involved in the young person’s life in order to carefully think through complex issues facing the care system and the young person.
- To attend and participate in Peer Supervision sessions, Managerial Supervision and Clinical Supervision.
- To Supervise Therapy Students/Trainees, and liaise with the Therapy Services Co-ordinator/Manager.
- To contribute to writing Therapy Proposals as requested by SSWs/Local Authority Social Workers.
- To contribute to the development of training materials and publications, with emphasis on the promotion of innovative practice in the field of therapy and support for permanence, wellbeing and rights of children.
- To deliver training to carers and staff as and when capacity permits.
- To contribute to evaluation of all training and direct service delivery of all therapeutic interventions and consultations.
- To maintain expert knowledge and understanding of child development and relevant research findings related to the field of psychotherapy and arts therapies.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time.
- To hold a recognised relevant therapy qualification
- Be registered and accredited with a recognised accrediting therapy body
- Must possess a full driving licence
- Experience of working with looked after children and young people both short and longer term
- To have carried out assessments
- A preliminary knowledge of child protection procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with young people and adults
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
This is a part time (14 hours per week), permanent position which comes with an attractive salary of up to £35,225 pro rata per annum+ benefits.
Foster Care Associates is an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.