Supervising Social Worker
Foster Care Associates (part of the Core Assets Group) are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Supervising Social Worker to join their fostering team on a full time, permanent basis in Sutton.
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop skills within fostering and be part of a highly supportive environment where the focus is on delivering high quality support to carers and working together to make a positive and last difference to children and young people
If you are a knowledgeable and experienced social worker with excellent organisational skills, are able to meet deadlines, have exceptional communications skills and the ability to analyse situations accurately as well as a passion for fostering then this is the ideal role for you.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Recruit, assess, and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster Carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Conduct initial home visits and Form F Assessments.
- Ensure that carers fully understand the fostering task, competencies to be achieved and the standards expected, including complaints and representation procedures as detailed in the FCA policies and procedures.
- Provide and record regular supervision to allocated foster carers in line with FCA’s Operational Standards.
- Work in partnership in a team parenting approach to help identify any needs within the foster family e.g. respite, activities, therapy, holidays, with all members of the child’s network, including contributing to all relevant meetings and any other tasks defined.
- Ensure each child has an accurate and up to date Care Plan on file and that Carers have a copy available for reference.
- Attend meetings and/or provide reports for Commissioning Teams to address individual packages of care.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A Social Work qualification
- Professional registration with the HCPC/equivalent
- Proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation and child safeguarding procedures
- The willingness and ability to travel extensively (including occasional nights away)
- Confidence with transporting children and young people in sometimes stressful/difficult situations
This position is based at our Sutton office but the case load attached to this position will require you to travel in the surrounding area of Sutton therefore a full driving licence is essential.
Foster Care Associates is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification.
Please note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.