We’re good and outstanding - but don’t just take our word for it!
We have big ambitions for our children and our workforce at Merton. We are working to be London’s best council. Our recent Ofsted Inspection judged all our services to be “good and outstanding” noting “Children in Merton benefit from services that are dynamic, ambitious and successful” in an organisation that “comprises a blend of compassion and concern for the most vulnerable children and families, and conspicuous care and support for frontline workers.” (Ofsted, July 2017)
We are looking for experienced social workers to join our service in the Safeguarding & Care Planning and First Response teams. With manageable caseloads, regular supervision, visible and supportive line management and excellent learning and development programmes to support you through well designed career pathways you will be actively encouraged to think innovatively throughout your practice and through creative approaches to direct work to have impactful relationships with children and families.
Across our children’s workforce we share a set of values:-
- We keep children and young people at the heart of all our work;
- We challenge inequality, promote inclusion and value diversity, making a difference for the most vulnerable;
- We promote a learning culture which values staff and volunteers;
- We work in partnership;
- We are committed to making a difference through quality assurance and continuous improvement.
- We listen, respond and value our children and young people, families and communities;
If you share our values and want to help us realise our ambition for our children, young people and families we offer you:
- Highly visible and committed senior and strong frontline managers
- Cases averaging 15 children
- An extensive professional development programme and purposeful career pathways
- A wider programme to support your wellbeing
- Highly competitive pay rates and generous annual leave entitlement
To join us, apply by CV on our website by clicking apply link.