The National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS) is a rights based charity which operates across England and Wales for children, young people and adults.
NYAS offers a variety of services including:
- A national advocacy helpline.
- Advocacy for children in care and those in need – including children subject to child protection plans, care leavers, children and young people with disabilities.
- The provision of independent visitors for children in care.
- Legal representation of children in private family law.
- Advocacy to adults in-inpatient mental health settings.
Over the last 12 months alone, NYAS has supported more than 9000 children and young people through its advocacy service. The charity provides advocacy services in 59 local authorities, has acted on 115 reportable safeguarding concerns and matched 379 vulnerable children and young people with a volunteer independent visitor.