Co-Director, Corporate Parenting
Co-Director, Corporate Parenting
£67,247.00 - £83,258.00 per annum pro rata
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Senior Management Social Work Opportunity
Join our team and make a difference
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of a complex range of community based direct client services i.e. Looked After Children, Leaving and After Care, Fostering, Adoption, Regional Fostering and Adoption team (RAFT), Edge of Care, Residential Services and the Regional Emergency Social Work Service (RESWS).
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Co-ordination of multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high quality and equitable services to the Trusts’ population and lead the effective and efficient deployment of all resources to achieve relevant targets. This will include achieving accessibility timeframes;
- Ensure the most efficient and effective use of all available resources in meeting Ministerial, HSCB and PHA targets;
- Oversee the management of the Directorates Resource Panel and the allocation of resources based on robust assessments of need;
- Lead regionally on the development of a recruitment and retention strategy for fostering;
- Facilitate multi-disciplinary and inter-agency working to make sure children are protected from harm;
- Ensure the Trust has robust arrangements for the corporate parenting of its children in care as relevant to areas of responsibility;
- Ensure all staff who require to register with a professional body are registered;
- Undertake the strategic planning process for the provision of children’s services in conjunction with other members of the Divisional team;
- Engage effectively with the community and staff in identifying population health and well–being needs, with a focus on reducing inequalities and promoting equity;
- Responsible for financial performance, including the delivery of agreed service activity and access targets;
- Develop and implement measures to ensure that services are cost effective and undertake regular benchmarking;
- Contribute to the development of a Directorate wide workforce plan;
- Manage the recruitment processes for service areas within his/her areas of responsibility.
- Applicants must have a professional qualification in social work and be on/eligible to register on the NISCC Register and have worked for at least 3 years in a Senior Management role in a major complex organisation.
- Delivered against challenging performance management programmes for a minimum of 3 years meeting a full range of key targets and making significant improvements;
- Worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes for a minimum of 3 years;
- Successfully demonstrated high level strategic and people management, governance, leadership and organisational skills for a minimum of 3 years;
- Experience of financial management and budgetary control in a major complex organisation.
A full list of essential and desirable criteria as well as responsibilities and duties are available on our website, hscrecruit.com
For more information and to apply, visit: hscrecruit.com
To apply please follow the apply link below.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 18 February 2019
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER