Manager (Learning Disability Services)
Everything we do here at Praxis Care centres around making a difference to the lives of people living with learning disabilities, mental ill health, acquired brain injury or dementia and to do this, we have a team of exceptional care and support workers. We are the largest care providing charity in Northern Ireland and also have large operations across Republic of Ireland, England and Isle of Man, employing over 1400 staff.
Are you passionate about supporting those most vulnerable in our society? We currently have the following vacancies within Learning Disability Services:
FULL TIME - PERMANENT
Salary: £32,294 - £37,839 per annum
Working with Praxis Care can be deeply rewarding, satisfying and challenging. If you are enthusiastic, motivated, resilient, flexible, and compassionate, with a passion for supporting people and ensuring that our service users enjoy the highest quality of life then we want to hear from you.
At Glenfield & Melton Projects, we pride ourselves in the excellence of the care and support that we provide to children and young people with severe learning disabilities and challenging behaviours and/or complex health care needs between the ages of 6 and 18.
To be considered for this role you must meet the essential criteria listed below:
- Professional qualification in Social Work OR First or Second Level Nursing AND 3 years’ post qualification paid work experience in a mental health and/or learning disability field to include 2 years’ supervisory experience OR
- NVQ Level 4/QCF Level 5 in Leadership and Management in Care with at least 4 years’ experience in a residential setting for mental health and/or learning disability to include 2 years’ supervisory experience OR
- NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Children’s Workforce/Residential Care with at least 5 years’ experience in a residential setting for mental health and/or learning disability field to include 3 years’ supervisory experience
- Registered with the relevant registration body without condition
- Ability to manage people and scheme resources
- Sound knowledge of the needs of people with learning disabilities and complex health care
- Ability to maintain administration and communication systems
- Ability to liaise with statutory and voluntary health care professionals and agencies
In return, we offer a wide range of training opportunities including QCF 5 Leadership and Management in Care for suitably qualified and experienced candidates who do not yet hold this qualification.
Under Children’s Homes National Minimum Standards, employees must be at least 22 years of age.
Application packs, including a full job description detailing essential and desirable criteria, are available on our website – www.praxisprovides.com or via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0116 232 0021. Please return completed application forms to the following address: The Glenfield & Melton Projects, Praxis Care, 154 Station Road, Glenfield, Leicester, LE3 8BR. CV’s WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
All applications must be received by 29th August 2017 at 12pm with successful applicants being interviewed shortly after.
A waiting list may be created to fill similar vacancies in this jurisdiction which may arise within 9 months of the interview date.
Praxis Care is an Equal Opportunities Employer