- Contract Type
This Big Lottery funded and innovative mental health prevention programme in Newham is committed to the delivery and evaluation of approaches which promote emotional resilience in 10-16 year olds at risk of developing mental health difficulties.
They are seeking to recruit a research assistant to support their service research lead to effectively evaluate the service.
Location: Across London Borough of Newham
2 Year Full time Fixed Term Contract (with possibility of extension)
Salary: £25,242 - £26,805 pa
About the job
The role will be responsible for:
- Supporting schools in the implementation of an annual pupil wellbeing survey.
- Supporting the development and delivery of local qualitative process evaluations.
- Supporting collection and data entry of routine service monitoring information; and with support, overseeing production of regular data reports.
- Supporting the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Supporting the national evaluation team in implementing longitudinal qualitative research and in the administration of running Randomised Control Trials of school based interventions.
- Supporting wider research needs of the Council policy and research team, as needed.
You will be enthusiastic with a real willingness to learn. You will be organised and be able to prioritise your own workload but knows when to ask for help. You will have a clear and approachable telephone and email manner. You will be able to work well in a multi-disciplinary team.
You will have some experience of supporting qualitative or quantitative data collection in schools and/or community setting and some experience of handling quantitative data. You will have some experience of writing up research findings in an accessible style.
Closing Date: 20th August 2017
Interviews will take place on Wed 6th September 2017
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
No agencies please.