Early Years Setting Manager
(26 hours per week, Monday to Thursday, term time only 39 weeks)
Croydon Citadel Salvation Army, South London
Little Panda’s Preschool group at Croydon Citadel Salvation Army provides up to 35 places for children aged 2 to 5 years. We provide a welcoming play environment where the children feel valued and enjoy a real sense of belonging. We are now looking for an experienced Early Years Setting Manager to provide high quality and effective management of the playgroup.
As the Early Years Setting Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management of the nursery, you will assume lead responsibility for the planning and delivery of the programme and for the provision of a stimulating and safe environment in which children are encouraged to learn, socialise and develop their full potential. You must be willing to work in partnership with the local Salvation Army leaders and be sympathetic to the principles and practices of The Salvation Army.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Level 3 or above qualification in Childcare (NNEB or NVQ) or equivalent, with at least two years experience and a full and relevant Safeguarding Certification
- The ability to prioritise the wellbeing and happiness of children through structured EY programme delivery
- A robust knowledge of Ofsted’s Early Years Foundation Stage
- Strong Leadership and management competencies
- The ability to work within the Christian ethos of The Salvation Army.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (Pro rata for part-time and term-time); a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; Childcare Voucher Scheme; an employee assistance programme.
For further details and to apply please visit The Salvation Army’s website by clicking Apply Now.
Closing date: Friday 11th August 2017 Interview date: Tuesday 22nd August 2017
Appointment subject to satisfactory references and right to work for the UK and an enhanced DBS check
CVs will not be accepted
Promoting equality in the workplace