Senior/Supervising Social Worker
Senior / Supervising Social Worker East Midlands
Fostering People are looking to recruit a Senior/Supervising Social Worker to join our established East Midlands team. This is a full time, permanent post with a salary up to £34,000 dependent on experience, plus essential car user allowance and other benefits.
Fostering People are an innovative developing provider with an outstanding inspection rating. We have a reputation for providing exceptional support, to our children, foster carers and to our dedicated staff team. Established in 2000, our reputation and positive approach has enabled us to achieve growth in the fostering sector.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior/Supervising Social Worker for our friendly and dynamic team, within the East Midlands to work with foster carers in the Derby / Nottingham area. As an innovative agency we are seeking applicants that share our creative vision, whether you’re new to fostering or an experienced senior supervising social worker.
- Providing support and supervision to foster carers
- Attending meetings to support foster carers, children and young people
- Contributing to foster carer annual reviews, providing written evidence of competence
- Attending social, educational and leisure activities relating to the support of children, young people and foster carers
- Participating in the Out of Hours duty system
- Hold a Social Work qualification as recognised by the HCPC or equivalent body
- An enthusiastic and committed self-starter who will be able to work independently but be skilled in keeping in touch with team members and carers
- A social worker with high aspirations for young people and their carers
- A proven ability to produce a high standard of report writing
- A good working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures in relation to fostering and Safeguarding
- To be able to evidence an understanding and practical application of the use of IT and electronic communications, including the use of Microsoft Office
- A full driving licence
For an informal conversation about this post please contact John Platt, Registered Manager or Christianne Sammut, Team Manager on 0115 9455445
Closing date: 02 August.
Interview date 09 August at Fostering People, Nottingham
Fostering People is an equal opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please be aware we do not work with Recruitment Agencies.