Senior Supervising Social Worker
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT MAKING A POSITIVE AND LASTING DIFFERENCE TO LOOKED AFTER CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE?
ARE YOU AN ENTHUSIASTIC SOCIAL WORKER LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
Foster Care Associates (part of the Core Assets Group) are looking for a Senior Social Worker on a full time, permanent basis to join the team in Teesside.
Not only will you be working in an experienced and successful team, you'll be rewarded with an excellent salary plus additional benefits.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Deputise for the Fostering Service Manager / Principal Social Worker / Team Manager, including attending meetings, chairing team meetings and Foster Carer support groups.
- Take a lead role in the delivery of core training for Foster Carers, Journey to Foster Pre-approval and preparation training and “Skills to Foster".
- Recruit, assess and monitor the continued suitability and competence of Foster Carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children/young people.
- Responsibility for taking on more challenging and complex cases.
- Deliver Regular formal and informal supervision of other team members as detailed in the supervision agreement.
- Take a lead role in a project or initiative.
- Supervise/practice teach a Social Work Student Placement.
- To be accountable for Quality Management improvements across the area of responsibility
- Work in partnership with the relevant authority to ensure that the child and young person’s needs as identified in the Care Plan and placement agreement are met.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- A Social Work qualification
- Professional registration with the HCPC/equivalent
- Experience of completing complex assessments of Foster Carers
- Experience as a qualified social worker in a children and family setting.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation and child safeguarding procedures
- Due to the nature of the role a full driving licence is required
This position is based in Teesside with travel across the surrounding area and comes with a salary up to £35,000 pa dependent on experience + car + excellent benefits.
Closing date for applications is the Monday 24th July with interviews to be held be confirmed.
Foster Care Associates is an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.