DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE OF WORKING IN A CHILD FOCUSSED ENVIRONMENT?
Fostering People (part of the Core Assets Group) is an Independent Fostering Agency. We are looking to recruit a full time, permanent Placements Officer to join our team working from our Nottingham office of West Bridgford, Nottingham.
As a Placements Officer, your main responsibility will be to match children and young people with foster carers whilst complying with fostering regulations and procedures.
The successful candidate will be dealing with information of a sensitive nature, so will need to be resilient while maintaining an empathetic approach.
- Developing and maintaining business relationships with Local Authorities and Social Workers
- Actively stimulate placement referrals from Local Authorities/ Trusts
- Updating databases and providing reports for management and teams
- Producing and sending out notification letters to young people, Local Authorities and foster carers
- Assisting with financial duties when required such as the carer payments system
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of general office experience
- Knowledge of IT and electronic communications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook email
- The ability to work under pressure and handle changing priorities
- A professional, positive and helpful outlook and the ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- A good working knowledge of relevant child care legislation and family placement regulations – desirable
Previous experience of working in a social services, welfare or a care environment would be desirable but is not essential.
This is a full time, permanent position with a salary of up to £17,000 per annum + benefits.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 27th June with interviews to be held on Wednesday 12th July.
Fostering People is an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.