Engagement & Participation Worker (Maternity Cover)
Join Knowsley Youth Mutual (KYM) and help deliver high quality youth services that make a lasting difference to young people’s lives across Knowsley.
Post: Engagement & Participation Worker – Maternity Cover (FTE)
Hours: Full Time, 36 hours per week
Salary: H29 - £25,951 (pro-rata - without Degree)
J32 - £28,485 (pro-rata - with relevant Degree)
Proposed start date: July 2017 – Fixed Term Contract to March 31st 2018
Location: Knowsley – OurPlace Youth Facility Huyton and boroughwide, with travel across Knowsley and surrounding areas
Office: Based in Hub 3, at OurPlace Youth Facility, Huyton, Knowsley L36 6EG.
This post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure by Criminal Records Bureau
About the role:
To work as part of the Business Development Unit, specialising in youth engagement and developing positive professional relationships, to support participation and engagement in youth-led engagement programmes, projects and contracts.
The post holder will lead the delivery of engagement and participation mechanisms, including virtual engagement and a new membership system; coordinating a Peer Educators programme, inclusive activities and leading projects focused on strengthening young people’s voice and influence, in line with KYM vision and values.
The Engagement and Participation Worker will be responsible for;
● Supporting the development and delivery of youth-led engagement programmes, projects and contracts;
● Line management and support of Part Time Youth Worker(s) in a range of youth work settings and arrange regular team meetings, supervisions and PRD;
● Recruitment and continuous training of Peer Educators;
● Delivery of youth voice, social action and decision making processes across the organisation, regionally and nationally;
● Delivery of decision making frameworks that enable the voice of young people to inform the design, delivery and evaluation of all projects/ programmes of youth work;
● Ensuring voice of young people is evidenced and the value/ impact of engagement is being demonstrated;
● Working with key stakeholders to support Knowsley Youth Cabinet in fulfilling its democratic role within the governance arrangements of KYM;
● Supporting young people to lead national campaigns e.g. the election of the Knowsley Member of UK Youth Parliament and Make Your Mark Ballot;
● Championing the voice of those seldom heard and from vulnerable groups, particularly children with disabilities and children in care, to ensure they have equal voice in decision making;
We are looking for someone who has:
At least one year’s experience of working with young people/ youth work or similar,
experience in delivering engagement activities/ projects /programmes/events
who works in an proactive and inspiring way with children and young people
We are looking for exceptional people, who are ready to make a difference!
Contact: Please send a Covering Letter expressing your interest in the post and outlining your skills and experience based on the relevant duties, responsibilities and requirements of the role – Post or Email Covering Letter to:
Post: Ms Lindsey Leyland
OurPlace Youth Facility
Tel: 0151 443 2549
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 19th June 2017
Interviews: Week Beginning 26th June 2017 (TBC)