Fostering People are looking to recruit a Service Manager to join their established East Midlands team. This is a permanent role and can be either full or part time 28 – 35 hours with a salary circa £45k pa pro rata dependent on experience together with other excellent benefits such as essential car user allowance and private health insurance.
Fostering People are an innovative developing provider with an “Outstanding” inspection rating. We have a reputation for providing exceptional support, to our children, foster carers and to our dedicated staff team. Established in 2000, our reputation and positive approach has enabled us to achieve growth in the fostering sector.
- Be a member of the agencies Senior Management team.
- Attend and represent Fostering People at external forums, meetings and local authority planning meetings.
- Together with your team managers be responsible for the day-to-day management of the fostering service within the East Midlands area.
- Manage, develop and provide leadership to a social work team in line with company objectives.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the Social Work activities of the team meet relevant legislative requirements.
- Ensure and monitor compliance in relation to Care Plans, Placement Agreements, Foster Carer Reviews, DBS checks etc. are up to date and on file and take appropriate action where shortfalls are identified.
- Hold a Social Work qualification as recognised by the HCPC or equivalent body
- An enthusiastic and committed self-starter who will be able to work independently but be skilled in keeping in touch with team members and carers
- Ability to communicate at all levels, influence, engage, negotiate mediate and build effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Previous supervisory experience and experience of working directly with children/young people in the care system
- A good working knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures in relation to fostering and Safeguarding
- To be able to evidence an understanding and practical application of the use of IT and electronic communications, including the use of Microsoft Office
- A full driving licence
Closing date for applications is 22nd June. Interviews are to be held on Friday 30th June.
Fostering People is an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.