DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE OF SALES, MARKETING OR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT?
DO YOU HAVE A ‘CAN DO’ ATTITUDE AND A COMMITMENT TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE WHILST REMAINING CALM UNDER PRESSURE?
Foster Care Associates (part of the Core Assets Group) is an award winning Independent Fostering Agency. We are looking to recruit a Placements Officer to join our team in Ipswich.
As a Placements Officer, your main responsibility will be to match children and young people with foster carers whilst complying with fostering regulations and procedures. To do this you will liaise with FCA social workers and Local authority social workers. There is also the opportunity to engage in Foster Carer support groups and a range of activities for children and carers across the region.
The successful candidate will be dealing with information of a sensitive nature, so will need to be resilient while maintaining an empathetic approach.
- Developing and maintaining business relationships with Local Authorities and Social Workers
- Actively stimulate placement referrals from Local Authorities/Trusts
- Ensuring Placement Contracts are produced accurately and renewed where appropriate
- Updating databases and providing reports for management and teams
- Producing and sending out notification letters to young people, Local Authorities and foster carers
- Assisting with financial duties when required such as the carer payments system
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in a sales/marketing/business development role in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of IT and electronic communications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook email
- The ability to work under pressure and handle changing priorities
- A professional, positive and helpful outlook and the ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
Previous experience of working in a social services, welfare or a care environment would be desirable but is not essential.
This is a full time permanent position with a salary of up to £21,000 per annum + benefits.
Foster Care Associates is an Equal Opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please note, we do not work with recruitment agencies.
Please also note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application.