Independent Supporter / Young Persons Engagement Officer
Engagement Officer – Young People’s/Independent Support Worker
Fixed term post until 31st March 2018
Hours: Full Time
Region: East and West Midlands
Key Skills: Experience (work and/or personal) supporting families with children with SEN/D
Core Assets Children’s Services are looking to recruit a Young Persons Engagement Officer/Independent Support Worker in the East Midlands area to work on a project to work with families of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities. The project is funded by the DfE and commissioned by the Council for Disabled Children.
This role would suit someone who lives in the Mansfield/Nottingham/Leicestershire area but will cover the Midlands areas.
The main duties of this role will be to represent Core Assets Children’s Services and the Council for Disabled Children in providing an outstanding level of independent advice and support to families and young people progressing through the SEND reforms.
In addition providing an outstanding level of Independent Support to families and young people progressing through the SEN reforms. Provide a flexible and responsive service to support families of children and young people with SEN to navigate their way through the SEN Reforms, by offering support via a combination of hosting young person stakeholder groups, working with managers/young people families through training, providing advocacy and consultation you will ensure the voice of the young people is always heard and acted upon.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience of working directly with families and children/young people with SEN and disabilities (e.g. teaching support, youth work or equivalent) Experience gained in either a personal or professional capacity
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively, including excellent listening skills, with young people and adults
- Knowledge of the roles of other agencies, how other agencies work and which is available local and nationally
- A full and valid driving licence
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively on a variety of road systems
- Ability to work flexibly
Core Children’s Services is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification.
Please note that on clicking “apply” you will receive a return email asking you to fill out our application form online, and it is a requirement for this to be completed before we can progress your application. We do not work with recruitment agencies.