This job is no longer available
The Howgill Family Centre is a voluntary organisation with a national reputation for innovative practice in its work with families and children. Howgill is committed to creating opportunities for Children and Families. Howgill Family Centre will work to build healthier, safer communities where children, young people and families are valued, respected and encouraged to achieve their potential.
Chief EXECUTIVE/ CEO
Salary: Band 14, Points 55-59
£51,614 - £56,818
(Dependant on Experience)
37 Hours per week
Howgill Family Centre is a registered charity delivering Children’s Centre and other family services across the Copeland area for the past 35 years. The organisation currently has 75 staff and 30 volunteers across 9 community locations close to the Western Lakes, a turnover of £1.3m and provides services to around 3500 families each year.
The Trustees are seeking to appoint an exceptional new Chief Executive who will:
· provide inspiring and motivating strategic leadership and direction;
· help us to shape our future with vision;
· harness the commitment and dedication of our staff and maximise their potential;
· be responsible for overseeing all aspects of strategy, planning, management and operation;
· maintain a positive culture, balance risk and opportunity and ensure that the organisation retains its focus on services to families
· maintain systems of accountability;
· demonstrate a proven capacity to implement change focussed upon the delivery of high quality services to the most vulnerable families;
· be skilled at creating and sustaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders;
· be approachable, self-motivated and determined;
· bring extensive experience and a commitment to maintaining the critical partnership commitments that underpin the work of the organisation.
All posts are subject to approval under the Enhanced Disclosure process of the Criminal Records Bureau
For more information and an application pack, please contact:
Mrs. R. Watkins
Howgill Family Centre
14/15 Howgill Street
Tel: (01946) 62681
Closing date is 12 Noon Friday 8th March 2013
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend 2 days of interviews which
will take place on Monday 18th March & Tuesday 19th March 2013
Howgill is a Registered Charity (No 519278) and Company Limited by Guarantee.
Howgill is committed to Equal Opportunities. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability regardless of sex, race, marital status or disability. The Centres are fully accessible.