This job is no longer available
Merton and Sutton Local Safeguarding Children’s Boards
£500 per day (inclusive)
Approximately 30 days per year
One year rolling contract
Are you ready for the challenge of leading a Local Safeguarding Children Board?
Following the retirement of their independent chair, Merton and Sutton LSCBs are jointly recruiting for new independent chairs for each Board. Applicants can apply for either or both positions.
Each LSCB is at a different stage of development, and will present different challenges for a knowledgeable and effective independent chair.
You will need:
- To share our ambitions for excellence in safeguarding and protecting children and young people
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of local and national safeguarding agendas and ability to lead improvements across the SCB partnership network
- Experience and ability of chairing complex multi-agency professional and strategic meetings at a senior level in an efficient manner
- A strong track record in leading continuous improvement through partnership working
Sound knowledge of recent and proposed developments in children’s services, health and social care, as well as key legislation and research underpinning this work to lead with credibility across the LSCB partnership It is anticipated that you will be required to work approximately 30 days per year and the contract is for one year initially with the option to renew.
For further discussion contact:
- Merton: Yvette Stanley, Tel: 0208 545 3251
- Sutton: Tolis Vouyioukas, Tel: 0208 770 6502
For an application form and further details please visit: www.merton.gov.uk/lscb
For more information on Sutton Safeguarding Children Board visit: www.suttonlscb.org.uk
Closing date: 16 November 2012.
Interview dates: 10 or 11 December 2012.
Further information about these jobs can be found on our website at www.merton.gov.uk/lscb where you can apply online. Recruitment packs are also available in large print or braille. Creating Equal Opportunities for all