This job is no longer available
Assistant Director – Young People & Families
Home based/Office based (London, Essex & Suffolk)
Join Catch22, a charity with an illustrious history and a forward looking social business, as Assistant Director and play a key new role in our Young People & Families Directorate - shaping the future of service delivery through relationship and contract management, business development, performance and innovation.
Helping us deliver our strategy and leading on reforms in commissioning, service provision, operational delivery and performance management, you will bring with you a strong track record in all these areas as well as the personal drive and passion to deliver both change and results in a service delivery environment.
Building on our success and recognition for being leaders in the sector, our recent restructure has seen us move to functional directorates to focus, channel and develop our skills, capability, expertise and knowledge. Whilst you will play a key role in the strategic development, management, policies and framework for the entire directorate, you will also have specific operational responsibility for services in Essex & Suffolk - focusing primarily on contract compliance, relationship & account management, and staff performance management.
As Assistant Director - Young People & Families, you will:
- Ensure that high quality services are delivered within frameworks/policies and within the strategic plan and commissioner requirements
- Monitor and ensure that contractual commitments are met and that performance is maximised – responding to and resolving performance and compliance issues
- Lead on relationship management/account management and networking with responsibility for supporting business development and organic growth
- Ensure that all staff and volunteers are engaged, motivated and understand their role and contribution in the service and wider organisation
- Provide line management to service and operational managers
- Implement evidence based performance improvement systems and processes
As Assistant Director - Young People & Families, you will have:
- Significant operational and management experience in a relevant sector – which must include a knowledge of working with young people & families
- Experience of planning, developing and delivering people based services in line with contractual requirements
- Proven skills in leading, engaging and motivating staff in a challenging organisational environment
- Strong relationship/account management skills, ideally with examples of business development and income generation
- Ability to resolve any contract compliance issues quickly and effectively
- Strong negotiation, budget management and analysis expertise – backed by an eye for detail
- Personal gravitas, professionalism and an assertive style when needed
- Ability to travel as needed – specifically in Essex/Suffolk with London HO meetings as needed
Passionate, driven and always thinking ahead, you will see this role as a way to utilise all the skills and experience that you have gained in your career in service provision but taking them to the next level in an environment that encourages innovation, drives change and focuses on quality.
A forward looking social business, Catch22 has over two hundred years’ experience of providing services that help people in tough situations to turn their lives around.
Our services help those we work with to steer clear of crime or substance misuse, do the best they can in school or college and develop skills for work, live independently on leaving care or custody, gain new skills and confidence as parents, and play a full part in their community.
No agencies please.
Closing date: 7 November 12
Interviews: w/c 19 November 12