This job is no longer available
Care 2 Share is based in Waltham Forest and Redbridge as a successful, independently owned social enterprise organisation that provides care, support and assessment for a wide range of service user groups in England for children, young people and families.
Care 2 Share is looking to recruit Residential Care Workers to work in one of their small Ofsted registered residential homes to support children, young people and families.
Care 2 Share provides a nurturing, secure and supportive environment to enable individuals to develop both socially and emotionally, enabling and preparing residents for independent living and to support them to improve their parenting capacity.
Applicants will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- Minimum - NVQ 3/QCF or equivalent preferably in (Children & Young People)
- Assessment worker posts are available for Graduates/Qualified Social Workers with relevant experience
- Previous experience of working with young people and families
- Be at least 21 years in age
- Excellent leadership skills and able to be a good role model whilst maintaining professionalism and resilience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of childcare legislation including the five outcomes
- Be able to effectively use a range of strategies when dealing with confrontational or challenging behaviour from a resident.
- Be prepared to work a variety of shift patterns, including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep in shifts (Sleep in Shifts are an essential requirement)
Pay will be based on an hourly rate depending on qualifications and experience. The salary will range from £21k – 26k per annum