This job is no longer available
Head of Strategy, Performance & Information - Children,Schools and Families
Location: The Crowndale Centre. 218 - 222 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 1BD
Salary: £61,634 - £75,000
Camden has a strong history of outstanding performance and excellence, regularly identified as one of the top performing Councils in the country. The Council’s leadership team, led by a new Chief Executive, is passionate about building on this success and has recently launched its 5 year strategy (The Camden Plan).
We are seeking a Head of Strategy, Performance & Information. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in children's services, leading strategy and development in a high performing London authority.
As part of this you will have plenty of opportunities to drive service improvement and work with senior officers and partners in reshaping children’s services in Camden to improve outcomes, working with our innovative education partnership to develop new solutions to make our educational services even better for children, and preparing for new working practices as the Council moves to new offices.
Applicants will need to show strong policy development, strategic and leadership skills, be experienced in leading change projects, be adaptable in managing changing/ conflicting priorities, and have excellent organisational awareness skills
- Very strong strategic understanding of the wider context of public services, ideally within children's services
- Ability to provide strategic leadership, line management and robust performance management to individuals and teams
- Develops strong relationships at a very senior level with internal and external stakeholders, building strategic partnerships with key suppliers and other public sector agencies
- Highly developed analytical, negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience of working at a senior level in a children's services environment whether in central or local government or a very strong strategy/policy development background
- Experience of managing substantial and significant projects, including commissioning and managing external consultants and coordination of work from multiple providers, with delivery on time and to budget
Camden Council values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Camden is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role is subject to an Enhanced CRB
How to apply:
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply for this job" link. As part of the application form you will be asked to explain how you meet the key requirements for this role listed in the advert. When explaining how you meet each of the requirements, please give examples that clearly demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience. When writing your examples give a brief description of the situation or task but focus on the actions you took and the result of your actions.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 10th October 2012 at 23.59 pm
Selection & Shortlist : Thursday 11th & Friday 12th October 2012
Interviews to be held: Wednesday 24th & Friday 26th October 2012
Please note: The interview stage will include a presentation, management scenario testing and formal interview.
Please quote reference: LBC 2165
For further information about this role, please refer to the Job Profile.