This job is no longer available
Promise Workers including Deputy Youth Officer (Youth Work)
£22,489 - £24,119 per annum (pro rata)
30 Hours per week with a potential increase to 37 Hours
Closing Date: 16 September 2012
We are pioneering a new approach to working with young people in Camden. The Promise Worker pilot seeks to explore a case-work based approach within the context of broader open-access programmes and services, to do 'whatever it takes' to support young people.
We are looking for you if you are an excellent youthworker who is interested in participating in an exciting new piece of work which is focused on depth of impact, rather than high numbers. The posts will in the first instance be four days a week with a view to increase as appropriate. You will need to be able to work flexibly and to take an active interest in the research-based aspects of the project.
Key features of a Promise Worker:
- An excellent relational youthworker: building and maintaining trust will be central.
- A professional and capable partnership worker: building bridges with other professionals and services.
- An analytical and intentional approach: measuring impact, recording and sharing learning.
Headlines on the Promise Worker Pilot:
- Is being supported by The Progress Foundation, Camden Council and a number of other donors.
- Is likely to run for three years, with an initial 12-month contract for both appointments.
- Is a central element in our new model, The Promise Academy, which we launched last year
We are seeking to appoint two Promise Workers, one of which will also act as our Deputy Youth Officer. We are interested the additional skills and experience applicants may bring, including in enterprise, running open sessions and sports coaching. For further detail for applicants from other disciplines please see the application pack.
In order to apply for the post of Promise Worker, please download and carefully read the application pack. If you have any questions after you have done this, please get in touch.
The Promise Academy: