This job is no longer available
Reporting to the Area Director and receiving clinical support from a GP specialising in Young People’s sexual health, you will manage the North Yorkshire Risk Taking Behaviour service and the team who deliver this service. You will manage a clinical staff of nurses across the three specified team clusters (Cluster 1 – Craven, Harrogate and Selby; Cluster 2 -Hambleton and Richmondshire; Cluster 3 – Scarborough, Whitby and Ryedale) and be based out of one the specified youth support centres within a cluster. You will be expected to support the team in working flexibly across the region.
It is essential that the Service Manager carries out their work within the context of Children’s legislation including Working Together to Safeguard Children and Fraser Guidelines relating to informed consent.
The post will be expected to work closely alongside partner agencies such as IYSS, mainstream and alternative education and training providers, CAMHS, police and community safety teams, school nurses, CASH services, children and family services, GUM, GP’s, social care teams, adult drug treatment services and children’s peadiatrics.
The Service Manager will be expected to work 37 hours per week and to organise their working time in such a way as to complete all necessary tasks within the working week. Therefore, some flexibility in working hours will be expected.
- You will have responsibility in the following areas:
- Lead responsibility for service delivery against contract and service level agreements
- Line manage and supervise the team
- Maintain Care Quality Commission (CQC) registration and compliance against quality standards
- Collaborative working with a range of stakeholders including young people, families, commissioners and partner agencies
- Adherence to Compass Corporate Procedures including Standing Orders, Financial Procedures and Scheme of Delegation
- Ensure that their work is carried out within the context of Children’s legislation including Every Child Matters; Working Together to Safeguarding
Children and Fraser Guidelines relating to informed consent.
Please visit our website www.compass-uk.org for more information and details of how to apply.