This job is no longer available
Sheffield Futures is a dynamic, independent charity, supporting communities and helping young people, particularly the vulnerable, to achieve their full potential in learning, employment and life. We are currently looking to recruit Targeted Youth Support Advisors to work within Community Youth Teams across the city of Sheffield. Temporary and permanent posts available. Full time and part-time options.
- To prepare vulnerable young people for making and sustaining successful transitions into learning, work and adult life.
- Deliver a range of services to young people individually and in groups designed to engage, motivate and raise aspirations through a range of community settings, work based learning organisations, schools and colleges.
- To work specifically with young people who are NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) to support them to take up available opportunities.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to develop integrated approaches to assessment, referral and service delivery.
- Contribute to the development of services in Assembly area(s) supporting the transition and progression of vulnerable young people.
- Complete and maintain data on IYSS + Apply Sheffield and related data systems as required, assessment and referral forms.
- We are looking for a creative and positive individual, with a strong degree of initiative who demonstrates an enthusiasm and commitment to young people.
- You will have the ability to make and take referrals from a wide range of specialist agencies, and match vulnerable young people to opportunities in learning appropriate to their aspiration and level of need.
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills and the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences including working with parents, families, tutors and managers in work based learning organisations, staff in schools and colleges.
- Substantial experience of working with vulnerable young people and providing progression planning advice and guidance to young people.
- You must hold a level 4 qualification in Advice and Guidance
Informal enquiries: Geoff Farrimond 0114 201 8635 or 07794053801
Closing date: 15 August 2012
Interviews: Tuesday 21st August 2012
If you would like to apply for this position please contact the HR Department for an application form on 0114 201 2750 or email@example.com
Sheffield Futures is committed to: promoting diversity in the workplace and to equality of opportunities; safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults.