This job is no longer available
YMCA Hawker Centre is one of the Association’s main leisure and community centres. Situated on the banks of the Thames it is a site of great historical importance as well as one with an exciting future. As the Children’s Work Manager you will be managing and further developing the soft play facility, classes, courses and parties at YMCA Hawker Centre, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey.
CHILDREN’S WORK MANAGER
Salary between £21,000 - £23,000 per annum
(based on experience)
40 hours per week
(includes early mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays as required)
Closing date: Monday 3 September (first post)
Interviews: Thursday 6 and 7 September
Children’s Work at YMCA Hawker Centre is entering a new stage with a new soft-play facility and classes. As a result, we are looking for a Children’s Work Manager to join our fast paced, forward thinking and innovative team at this popular family centre. The post holder will manage the soft play facility, classes, courses and parties and line manage a team of instructors, soft play and party workers.
Who We Are Looking For:
An enthusiastic, energetic, ambitious and organised individual. Someone who is positive, confident, decisive, demonstrates strong leadership and shows the importance of being hands-on and customer focused.
It is essential to have:
• Knowledge of child development and appropriate provision of activities
• Knowledge of special needs
• Knowledge of child protection issues
• Worked with children and families in a professional setting
• To have led and developed a staff team
• Experience of developing services
• Experience of marketing
• Written skills to maintain children’s records produce reports, etc.
• Good organisational skills, being able to work under pressure, to prioritise and meet deadlines.
• Able to provide a range of activities meeting the needs of diverse groups
• Able to work evenings, weekends and public holidays.
• Able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
• It would be desirable to hold a Management/Leadership qualification
If this is you:
Please download an application pack from our website www.ymcalsw.org , or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 8399 7334.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s.
YMCA London South West is a Christian organisation and as an employee, you would be required to respect its ethos and uphold its values.
Successful applicant will undergo an Enhanced Disclosure Check.