This job is no longer available
Our Mission is to: help young people build a future.
We need dedicated and innovative Housing Workers to join the Team to provide a direct housing service to vulnerable young people aged 16 – 25. You will assist young people to move on to independent living including referral management, initial assessments, upholding of house rules, benefit support, budgeting and life skills support. As part of your role, you will also undertake reception duties. You will act as the main point of contact for all City YMCA stakeholders and fulfil residents, catering and conference users, contractor and visitor’s needs/ requirements.
The successful candidates will be working closely with a range of agencies such as Floating Support, Housing Services, Housing Benefits and Children Services. They will provide quality information, advice and guidance and support to Residents with regards to the claiming of housing related benefits and work with colleagues to reduce rent arrears whilst following Rent Policy regarding arrears and notification periods. The post holder will also work with the Rent Coordinator to recover rent arrears from residents and ensure that payments plans are drawn up and carried through.
It is essential that the Housing Worker has:
- An NVQ Level II or equivalent in Housing, Information, Advice & Guidance or Youth work or equivalent
- Intermediate IT skills
- Minimum of one year’s experience of working with young people
- The ability to form non-judgmental and constructive relationships with young people and knowledge, understanding and awareness of issues faced by young people
- Experience of working in a client facing role and Money Handling experience
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
- A positive, cheerful and efficient presence at the Reception desk and in the entire building and maintains the highest standard of Customer services in all areas of responsibility.
The working week will be 35 hours over 7 days including a minimum of 3 weekends out of 5 which will be on a shift rota.
Day Shift: Regular early 7am start and evening finish of 10pm
Night Shift: Regular starts of 7pm and 7am finish.
Excellent Benefits: subsidized meal options, excellent holiday allowance, interest free season ticket loan, telephone counselling service, contributory pension scheme and in-house and external training opportunities.
To apply send your CV's and a covering letter clearly stating how you meet the personal specifications to email@example.com
Please specify if you are applying for the Day or Night positions.
The deadline for applications is on Wednesday, 25th July 2012 at 5pm.
Interviews will be conducted on the week starting the 30th July 2012.
City YMCA London is an equal opportunities employer.
Successful applicant will undergo an Enhanced Disclosure Check.