This job is no longer available
YOUTH WORK - ONE TERM APPOINTMENT
The main purpose of this post will be to lead on the development and implementation of a strategy to engage students positively, particularly 14 to 19s, promote appropriate behaviour within the student body of Brunel College and lead on the development and implementation of systems to respond to and remove barriers to their learning. You will also be required to work directly with young people, identified as at risk of not succeeding, because of their attitudes to learning.
The Leigh Technology Academy is a centre of educational excellence serving the whole community of Dartford. Our students meet and work together in a well-ordered and harmonious community.
We are a high-performing school which takes students of all abilities. Our success is built on the traditional values of pride, respect and hard work in a modern, hi-tech learning environment. Our performance is regularly rated among the top ten state schools nationally for value-added.
Main duties will include:
1. To work with teaching staff to ensure that young people identified as at risk because of their attitudes to learning are referred to, and supported in taking up, services and activities that will help them engage positively in school life and succeed on programme.
2. To liaise with teaching staff to track young people during and after their involvement in attitudes to learning and support improvement activities.
3. To develop a monitoring and evaluation system for the behaviour improvement strategy, which includes input from staff and students and develop future models of practice, based on lessons learnt
4. To develop and implement Risk Assessment procedures for staff and students, in relation to behaviour.
5. To work with staff and students to ensure that successes are acknowledged and celebrated by the whole College.
6. Work with staff on developing an approach which engages the students fully in their learning of the life of the College.
7. To develop good relationships with families.
8. To develop and embed practice to the benefit of the College and your own personnel development in an outstanding learning environment.
Other duties and responsibilities
Other duties that the Principal may, from time to time, ask the post-holder to perform.