This job is no longer available
This contract is for a fixed period of 3 years
An opportunity has arisen to appoint Family Support Worker to work across the children’s centres.
Family support and parental outreach is a core service to be delivered from children’s centres. Family support services focus on supporting families in the management of their daily lives, the development of parenting capacity and positive family relationships to ensure positive outcomes for children.
There will be a Family Support Worker as part of the core team of every children’s centre.
You will have:
- An NVQ Level III equivalent qualification in health, education or social care;
- evidence of successful practice working with families and young children;
- experience of and a commitment to multi-disciplinary working;
- a sound knowledge of the economic, social and emotional needs of families; and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We can offer you:
- continuing opportunities for professional development;
- an opportunity to work as a member of a team with colleagues from different professional backgrounds;
- an opportunity to be innovative and creative.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on successful applicants including a Disclosure check (Applicant Declaration must be completed and returned with application).
Closing date: 27th July 2012
Interview date: w/c 6 August 2012.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the online application by visiting our website http://ig24.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_LB_barking_dagenham01.asp.
Working together for a borough that is safe, clean, fair and respectful, prosperous and healthy, and where young people are inspired and successful.
Promoting equal opportunities and celebrating diversity.