This job is no longer available
Little Apples Day Nursery Ltd is recruiting for a Nursery Nurse to join our Nursery in Croydon. The role is in the baby room.
As a Nursery Nurse you will be joining a professional, established, and friendly team. You can expect a nurturing and supportive environment, annual salary reviews, staff recognition schemes, and lifestyle benefits.
To be considered for the position of Nursery Nurse you will need to have:
- A minimum level 3 qualification in child care qualification
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Experience working with babies as a key worker
- Ability to lead and supervise a small team
As a Nursery Nurse you will be responsible for the day to day running of the room. You must be able to work with a team to provide high quality learning opportunities and care for the children in that room, based on the needs and interests of those children.
Some of the Nursery Nurse duties are:-
- Promote positive relationships in the early years setting with parents, children and colleagues
- Promotion of health, safety and wellbeing of the children within the room
- Monitor and improve the children’s development, learning and play within the room
- Be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families
- Responsible for providing first line supervision to the staff within the room
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are 'spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up, any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.