This job is no longer available
Watford FC’s award winning Community Sports and Education Trust have secured funding from the John Lyons Charity and are now seeking to recruit a full time Youth Work Project Manager. This post presents an exciting opportunity to join our award winning team based at the new Cedars Youth and Community Centre in Harrow. Cedars is a new youth and community centre set to open in the coming weeks, facilities include a state of the art 4G astro turf football pitch, an indoor sports hall, a gym, an ICT learning suite, a cafe, a climbing wall and social spaces.
This role will be responsible for managing and delivering a vibrant youth programme for young people between 10 and 19 years old. This will include;
- Assessing the needs of young people in order to plan and deliver positive youth programmes
- Mentoring and supporting individuals to encourage social inclusion
- Recruiting, training and managing casual staff (including volunteers)
- Meeting, liaising and networking with police, schools, social services, the youth offending team and other appropriate agencies to address issues and promote opportunities for young people.
- Working with NEETs to provide one to one mentoring, employability and signposting into further education.
- To establish and mentor a young people’s steering group for the centre.
You will hold a youth work qualification and have a proven track record of working with young people. In order to respond to and fulfil the demands of this role you will need to have excellent organisational, time management and communication skills, be able to work as part of a team whilst being innovative and creative in your thinking and planning.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings and weekends. You will require a full, valid UK driving licence. This position will be offered on a three year fixed term contract from 1st July 2012 and is subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check.
Closing Date: Friday 8th June 2012 at 5pm Interview Date: Friday 15th June 2012
Please find attached the application form apply by sending your application form and covering letter to Steve Williams, Senior Manager, Watford FC Community Sports & Education Trust, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, WD18 0ER or email@example.com
Any Problems with the Application form contact AnneMarie Burn on 01923 496362