This job is no longer available
Participation Project Workers work creatively and innovatively with young people to facilitate their personal, social and educational development, enabling them to have a voice, influence, and role in the decision-making structures of their communities, making a real difference and improving the lives of others.
These are crucial roles in delivering Cumbria County Council’s Children and Young People’s participation strategy via a network of Youth Councils across Cumbria.
To be considered for these roles you will need to have:
• An understanding of youth work principles and practice, including participation theory and practice
• Experience of working with young people within a variety of contexts
• Experience of multi-agency working
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Project management and organisational skills
• Experience of monitoring and evaluation
Full details, including a job description, are available at: http://www.brathay.org.uk/about-us/vacancies/
These roles are offered on a fixed-term contract basis, ending 31 March 2014.