This job is no longer available
Would you like to run an amazing series of events to inspire and engage young people across the UK?
You will be responsible for planning and delivering our national events & programmes for young people, and raising new generated income for the charity through sponsorship, advertising and consultancy fees.
Main purpose of job
To develop and deliver our national events for young people across the British Youth Council’s membership and programmes using these and other opportunities such as smaller training events, consultancy, sales, hire to generate matching sponsorship or fee income in line with our aims to support youth development and participation in society.
Key elements in job
- Lead on the development and delivery of an exciting, imaginative year-round, nationwide events programmes working with staff and volunteers from across the UK and within budget and agreed timescales
- Plan content and develop key partnerships and partnership funding and oversee delivery of each activity or event, to agreed standards, including carrying out relevant risk assessments.
- Ensure all event activity is effectively evaluated to support the improved effectiveness of future work
- Ensure the effective marketing of the events programme, through working with internal colleagues in our Communications Department and ensuring the development and use of both traditional and social media opportunities
- Selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space and generating fee or consultancy income from potential exhibitors/partner or delegates for both national and local events, to specified targets.
- Undertake administrative activities related to the role, with support from BYC’s Central Services department where appropriate.
- Monitor spend against budgets, identify variances and work with the Deputy CEO/Head of programmes and Policy to address them.
- Be an effective member of the Programmes & Policy department and wider BYC teams, sharing ideas, collaborating with staff and volunteers to help make BYC the best it can be.
- Adhere to all BYC policies, regulations, and statutory requirements, as detailed in the BYC induction handbook and on BYC’s knowledge management system.
- Attend meetings and events as required.
- Perform any other duties related to the role purpose, as required by the Line Manager.
This post is initially offered on a fixed 12 month contract. This post is subject to an enhanced CRB disclosure. NJC scale point 24 (£24,157) to 28 (£27,007) (including Inner London Weighting).
35 hours per week
Please note: We are not accepting CV's please Download the application form attached to our advert, or click apply now to get it from our website and send back to email@example.com
Closing date 19th April 2012