Family Support Worker (Wirral Intensive Family Support Service)
Join Catch22 as a Family Support Worker and you will help us provide targeted and intensive support to families experiencing complex and multiple issues.
This is done through sustained intervention using challenge and support, whole family assessment and a multi-agency approach to effect and sustain positive change for the family, individual members and the community around them. Your key objective is the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people from pre- birth up to 18 years including those with a disability.
As Family Support Worker you will:
- Engage with families to support them to meet the needs of their children through group or individual case work
- Assess family situations and plan, deliver and review individual programmes of support
- Co-ordinate the development and delivery of an intensive multi-agency intervention
- Plan, prepare and deliver evidence based parenting programmes to develop parents’ skills and promote effective parenting
- Act as key worker in multi-agency interventions where there are significant child/young person/adult emotional health and well being issues
- Work in partnership with parents, children and young people, promoting their involvement in planning service delivery which meets identified local need
- Encourage families to become involved in their communities and where desired to develop links with other families with similar needs
As Family Support Worker you will need:
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the support required by families with complex and multiple needs.
- A professional qualification in teaching, education, social/youth or community work or considerable experience in a related field
- An understanding of the risk factors associated with family breakdown and difficulties
- experience of substance misuse, domestic violence, school exclusions, offending behaviour.
- Experience in managing complex cases including those ranging from level 2-4 on the continuum of need
- An understanding of the risk factors, which may prevent children and families from achieving the 5 ECM outcomes
- Ability to form positive professional relationships with children families, using language that is appropriate to the development of children, family culture and background
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required by the line management
Catch22 is a national charity that works with young people facing tough situations; encouraging and guiding them through thick and thin. We work with over 37,000 young people in 150 neighbourhoods across the UK. We know that in order to meet the needs of young people that we need to work with their families too. By joining us you’ll be helping to give young people a chance to get on in life.
No agencies please.
For further details about this post and other vacancies, visit www.catch-22.org.uk
Closing date: Friday 13th April , 2012