Part-Time Youth Workers (in charge)
(7 hours per week – Friday evenings plus 1 Saturday per month)
Join Raven as a Youth Worker (in charge) and you will be responsible for running a successful youth club in Redhill. As Youth Worker, supported by voluntary staff, you will deliver and manage appropriate positive activities as well as carrying out associated administration, attending meetings and being part of the steering group of the youth club.
To invest in youth is to invest in the future. At Raven Housing Trust, we build more than houses. We build communities. We create futures. And our community based youth club in Redhill is a vital part of that vision.
As p/t Youth Worker you will:
- manage all aspects of the youth club from marketing to weekly provision
- engage in face to face youth work
- plan, deliver, manage and evaluate positive youth work provision
- safeguard young people
- work with the young people and the steering group in the running of the club
- manage and organise volunteers
- produce performance reports and feedback for funders
- carry out relevant administration
As p/t Youth Worker you will need:
- knowledge and experience of youth work and/or local community work
- QCF level 3 Youth Work Practice qualification or equivalent
- knowledge of activities which young people enjoy and result in positive outcomes
- strong communication skills with a variety of audiences
- a consultative style and approach
- ability to supervise and support volunteers
- knowledge of safeguarding, child protection, health & safety
Raven is an award winning social business investing in homes and neighbourhoods to develop local communities where people want to live. Already the leading housing association in east Surrey, we aim to be an outstanding and pioneering social business, with customers at the centre of everything that we do, and driven by our understanding of the areas where we work, their challenges and their potential.
We believe that diversity strengthens us as an organisation – broadening our skills base, and enabling us to provide the best possible services.
Apply online at www.ravenht.org.uk/jobs
Closing Date: 2 April 2012.