Head of Care
A non-maintained special school and college for deaf young people
Head of Care
£51,614 - £56,950 plus on-call/sleep-in allowance of £4,400
Full-time, permanent post predominantly working term time, although some school holiday work is required
We are seeking a Head of Care who can provide the vision, leadership and management to provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for our residential pupils and students.
To be successful, you will be someone who:
- Has a proven a track record of achieving excellence within the care sector.
- Can provide the leadership, managerial direction, guidance and support to staff at all levels.
- Has a flexible, efficient, sensitive and confidential approach to the role and display excellent interpersonal skills.
- Will be an effective member of the Senior Leadership Team and act as a representative of our organisation with external agencies.
- Has an up-to-date knowledge of current working practices in residential special schools, as well as the ability to review relevant policies and procedures.
- Can monitor the quality of care provided to respond to inspection requirements.
- Has experience of effective budget and resource management.
- Has appropriate professional qualifications (minimum NVQ Level 3).
For further details and an application form, please visit www.hamiltonlsc.co.uk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday, 30th March 2012.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates will be required to undertake a new criminal record check via the Criminal Records Bureau.
Registered charity number 307066.
7-9 Walpole Road, Brighton BN2 0LS
Tel: 01273 682362 • Fax: 01273 695742